Random Things I Noticed Today

Go down

Random Things I Noticed Today

Post by Claytonofbricks on 8th June 2013, 10:56

This is just a random list of things that I noticed about the forums today that we might want to change. In no particular order:

• The drop down boxes area really hard to read when their color is black. I would suggest we use red or grey to fit into the current forum theme, but anything else would be much easier to read.
  • The 'Online' banner comes up behind the avatars and I think it might look better in front of them.
  • Even though the rest of the forum is in English, there are a lot of things still in German on the forums. This includes Number of Posts, Join Date, etc. under everyone's avatars; More or less the same info on the Member tab; And everything in the 'Personalized Profile' section of the Profile tab.
  • I don't know if its possible to do, but maybe put a space after the final '/' in the UrbanTerror.info link because its hard to select the entire URL and without that last '/' you just get sent to a page that says 'Not Found'.
  • Our GameTracker page should have more of the people who are in the clan on the page. *cough-me-cough* Rolling Eyes
  • The banner for the top of the page doesn't fit inside the frame of the forum. That could just be because my monitor is too small though.
  • I'm also thinking about making some banners and stuff for the forums, GameTracker page, and myself. Hopefully they'll come out well.

Well those are my suggestions. Let me know what you guys think.

*EDIT* Just thought of something else:

• Both the 'Calendar' and the 'Multi-Quote' buttons don't fit the overall theme of the forum at all. The 'Homepage one looks a little odd, but not as out of place as those two
  • I also just saw what the quotes look like when you use them and I think they should have a different background color than the actual form, or be outlined in red. Idk, I just think they look funny.

Claytonofbricks

Anzahl der Beiträge : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Things I Noticed Today

Post by Ornexans on 8th June 2013, 11:19

Here my answers bounce bounce bounce

• I don't know if I can change the colour, but I will take a look.

• Okay, that second point is kinda...fussy. I mean, you serious? xD

• I will check that about the language! I saw that, but hoped it would only look for me like this!

• You're screen is just too small dude Very Happy I can see 3 links at once there, sorry xD But I will also take a look at that! Smile

• Well, I can't really help there. And GameTracker isn't that important, is it? bounce

• Your screen, still lol! For me it's perfectly fine, and it wasn't even me who put it in!

• If you do stuff like that it would be awesome :DD

And Those two buttons are in design, don't worry Smile
Most things about the design aren't really finished yet.

Thanks for the Feedback!
Ornexans

Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 138

http://suicide-bombers.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytonofbricks on 8th June 2013, 11:28

I know a lot of that stuff is really fussy and random and hard to change, but it's just what I came up with. This is what happens when you ask me for suggestions: I look until I find things that bother me lol.
Claytonofbricks

Back to top Go down

Post by BobLeeSwagger on 10th June 2013, 08:51

well atm i srsly dont have any time for editing things here...i know the buttons arent nice, but im on it...maybe you can make a toppage banner clay? that'd be awesome! cause im not gonna design a great banner in the next weeks though...maybe we get this page finished in this summer ^^

Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytonofbricks on 10th June 2013, 08:56

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Very Happy I haven't photoshoped anything from scratch in a couple of years so they might start out pretty bad... lol
Claytonofbricks

Back to top Go down

Post by Iye on 20th June 2013, 00:39

• The backround image needs a style background-repeat: norepeat;

or the HTML equivalent (dont ask me what that is.... CSS ftw!) because i can see the background img (urt main menu bg) 4 times on my full HD screen........
i also couldnt find it in the HTML source code, (the img is https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/18/31/03/98/urt_co10.jpg )
looks a bit silly atm Smile

• New members can't add external links for 7 days...... u serious?

• the JS making BBcode active also changes the text inside the editor box if you press preview

bit iritating and makes it hard to edit posts......
Iye

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

http://www.IyeOnline.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ornexans on 20th June 2013, 01:06

That with the links is for spammers. That might help...maybe I gonna put it down to 3 days.

The background probably gonna change anyway, we're not finished yet Wink

And apply already! xD

Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 138

http://suicide-bombers.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytonofbricks on 22nd June 2013, 18:30

Yeah, still working on the background thing.  I changed it so that the background is stationary, but I don't think that will have an effect on your huge monitor.  xD  I'll probably just end up making the background gray or a simple pattern,  we'll see.  I already tried one and changed it back because I didn't like the way it turned out.  Thanks for the suggestions though Iye
Claytonofbricks

Back to top Go down

Post by Iye on 22nd June 2013, 22:07

how is the background defined?
via css (for a div or sth lik that) or via html?
Iye

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

http://www.IyeOnline.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum