Suicide-Bombers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase number of players allowed on the server

4 posters

Go down

Increase number of players allowed on the server Empty Increase number of players allowed on the server

Post by squirt 13th March 2014, 10:11

Hi All,

It seems that at certain times of the day, the server is much more active and often at full capacity. Can the # of players allowed to play on the server be increased from 16 to something like 24? Would that be too much of a server hit?

squirt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

Back to top Go down

Increase number of players allowed on the server Empty Re: Increase number of players allowed on the server

Post by LoupGarou 14th March 2014, 03:11

I agree with squirt, although I know that it would require Grand to put some extra money.

Today the server is working very well, and is ranked 23 on the server list (wich is not bad at all). I think we have a very good mix between maps, low grav and game types. There's some minor issues to fix (sorry that I insist, but the !bal command should not be used by players, only admins), but i believe we admins have all the proper tools to work with.

As squirt said, on certain hours of the day, the server gets full, so I start kicking bots, and players keeps entering. Sometimes I have only half an hour to be connected and when i have to leave I cant reset the bots number to default (3 on each side), because there's so many player that !recoverbots doesnt work.

Maybe if we can allow more player on the server, we'll have a most popular and better ranked server. However, if it's not possible, maybe we should leave only 2 bots on each side as default.

Regards to all
LoupGarou
LoupGarou

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

Back to top Go down

Increase number of players allowed on the server Empty Re: Increase number of players allowed on the server

Post by Ornexans 14th March 2014, 04:50

Just a little warning from my side:

[LCDLC]Eagle once was one of the best servers. You had it with like 12 slots. But everyone wanted to play there, it was hard to get on, so evryone was excited. But than they increased to 16, than to 24 and now 42.
The server is most times empty. Many slots means many noobs. Noobs will make the good players leave, cause they are annoying or boring. And as soon as your old, skilled players quit, those noobs will get bored, cause there are only a 'few' players left. Eagle is now getting a grip again, but after those server-upgrades it went from super-awesome to unpopular. It was empty 80% of the time.

Just my experience, wanted to warn you ^^

Greetings
Ornexans
Ornexans
Ornexans
Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 138

http://suicide-bombers.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by iPoschy 14th March 2014, 10:57

My Opinion about it:
More Slots of course means more players but more players cause few problems:
-most maps are already very filled and it's just a massacre when the server is full
-it's harder to watch every player to see if he plays legit or if he may is not the fairest player
-more players need more power from the server which can be more expensive or more laggy which both also isn't that nice..

anyways we're looking for a way to autokick the bots when a specific amount of players connected so more "real" players can play (in this way you can have 16 real players with the same amount of slots and you won't have annoying bots there Very Happy )
iPoschy
iPoschy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down